A simple yet yummy and healthy lunch using a random selection from the fridge where ingredients can be mixed and matched as needed or what you feel like. Did you know your your body will crave what nutrients you need - except sugar perhaps! It is the most incredible machine that I know.
As designed this has a great mix of protein, fats and healthy carbs. The bitter greens (dandelion / watercress) help stimulate the gallbladder to stimulate bile which we need to digest fats and the apple cider vinegar helps support protein digestion in the stomach.
Serves one. Multiply up as required.
1tbs coconut oil
1/8 - 1/4 head cauliflower - roughly chopped into small pieces
1 stick of celery
Handful of raw almonds
Palm sized amount of sliced steak
1-2 cups of greens - dandelion, watercress, parsley and basil
1 tbs tahini
1 tbs olive oil
1-2tsp apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper
1. Chop up the vegetables
2. Heat the coconut oil up in a frying plan
3. Add the cauliflower, celery and almonds - pan fry for a couple of mins
4. Push the veggies to one side of the plan and add the steak - fry as much as desired depending on you like it cooked - I do approx. 1 minute on each side as I like my steak rare to medium rate
5. Whilst cooking mix the tahini, olive oil and apple cider vinegar with salt and pepper in a bowl until a consistent mixture is formed - add more oil or vinegar as required
6. Let the steak mix cool for a minute or so to rest before slicing and tossing it in with the greens
7. Stir in the dressing and pour into a bowl
8. Sit down, relax and enjoy! You deserve it.