Why make one breakfast when you can make 4 with not much more fuss or effort. A breakfast frittata is a great move so you don't have to rely on cooking each morning or alternatively for a weekend breakfast with family or friends. It takes just over 30 minutes from start to finish.
Plus is jammed packed full of veggies (good quality carbs), healthy fats and good quality protein and I even manage to get some broth and turmeric in here too for anti-inflammatory / gut healing benefits. The perfect start to the day. ⠀⠀
Serves 4 - 6.
3 - 4 cups of veggies of choice - I used 1 green capsicum, 1 red capsicum, 1 carrot and 2 cups of kale
1 tbs coconut oil
2 cloves of garlic
100ml homemade chicken broth or 1 tsp of Meadow and Marrow chicken broth in 100ml water
1/2 tsp turmeric
salt and pepper (Did you know that pepper increases the bioavailability of turmeric in our bodies!)
1. Cut up the veggies into thin slices (I use a mandolin to save time) and add to a pan and fry off in some coconut oil and garlic for a 5 minutes until mostly cooked through
2. Add the chicken broth to the veggie mix and cook off until the liquid has evaporated
3. In a jug whisk the eggs and turmeric and add salt and pepper to season
4. Add the eggs to the veggies once soft and stir around to evenly mix.
5. Cook on the stove top for approximately 10 - 15 minutes on a medium heat so to cook the bottom and the middle .
6. Put the pan in a 180C oven for another 10 minutes to cook the frittata through.
7. Remove from the oven and enjoy with some extra salad topped with olive oil and put the cooled left overs in the fridge.